Our Service Package
The NYC Doula Collective offers a standard labor doula services package to all clients regardless of doula fee level. Our doulas have shared ethical commitments and standards of professionalism and offer a consistent labor package for all families. Doulas in tiers 1-4 have the support and guidance of an experienced doula serving as their mentor. Our package includes:
• Your doula will provide unlimited phone and email support from time of hire throughout your pregnancy and postpartum period for questions and will be on call for you from week 37 of your pregnancy until your birth.
• One or two prenatal meetings are offered where you can discuss your birthing preferences, prepare a birth plan, and practice positions and relaxation techniques.
• Your doula will have phone contact with you during early labor and join you when you decide you would like them to, meeting you at your home, a birth center, or the hospital depending on your preference. Your doula will attend your labor continuously, providing physical comfort, emotional support, and information to assist you in decision-making. Your doula will help your partner and/or any other support people, offering suggestions, information, assistance, and reassurance. Your doula will serve as a liaison between you and the staff—establishing rapport, reminding you of your preferences, and helping you ask questions so that you can have the information you need to make decisions. Your doula will remain with you for at least one to two hours postpartum to assist with initiating feeding and other early postpartum needs.
• Your doula will be available by phone and email to answer any questions you have during your postpartum time and to offer you referrals for other resources as needed.
• Your doula will provide one follow-up visit at the hospital or your home within the first weeks postpartum to review your birth experience, answer any questions you have, assist with feeding or make appropriate referrals, and get feedback from you about your experience of working with them.
NYCDC Fee Structure
The NYC Doula Collective’s fee structure is based on the doula’s experience level. All of our doulas are trained and doulas in tier 2+ have completed their requirements towards certification. All of our doulas provide clients with a complimentary informational meeting over the phone or in person to determine if you are a good match for each other during this important time.
Please specify the experience level you are interested in your doula having:
Tier 1: 1-10 births, $500-$1000
Tier 2: 10-30 births, $1000-$1400
Tier 3: 30-50 births, $1400-$1700
Tier 4: 50-75 births, $1700-$2000
Tier 5: 75-100 births, $2000-$2300
Tier 6: 100+ births, $2300 & up – Our collective is proud to have some of the most experienced and trusted doulas in NYC on our team. Due to the wide breadth of their experience each Tier 6 doula will communicate their fee to you.
Deposit payments can be made via credit card (additional processing fees apply), free Zelle bank transfer or check. Please consult your doula and the NYCDC contract for more information on how to complete payments and officially hire our doulas.